Expertise by Experience
Our expertise has been built on the basis of some of the most complex and challenging corporate matters. We have an intense commitment to the practice of law and pride ourselves on being at the forefront of legal practice in New Zealand.
Some of our Recent Transactions
A sample of the deals that we’ve been advising on:
- Advising ASB Bank Limited on a wide range of banking and finance transactions.
- Advised Nufarm Limited on the trans-Tasman NSS debt issue for Nufarm Finance (NZ) Limited of AUD$251 million (NBR debt deal of the year 2007).
- Advised Transpower New Zealand Limited on joint venture documentation and construction contracts for laying electricity cables from Penrose to Albany in Auckland.
- Advised State Services Commission on the Government Shared Network, a complex multi-sourcing project to provide shared critical infrastructure for government.
- Advising New Zealand Institute of Chartered Accountants on its proposed amalgamation with Institute of Chartered Accountants in Australia.
- Advised Nutritek Overseas Pte Limited on its New Zealand supply arrangements with, and investments into and acquisition of, New Zealand Dairies Limited.
- Advised Arrow International Limited on numerous matters, including negotiating various construction contracts and managing dispute resolution processes.
- Advised Sumitomo Forestry Co. Ltd., Japan on its bid to acquire the Australasian medium density board assets from Carter Holt Harvey.
- Advised Ministry of Economic Development on reform of the law on certain issues of debt securities.
- Acted for Ngāti Tuwharetoa Ki Kawerau on its acquisition of reputedly the second largest geothermal energy field in the world from the Crown.
- Advised Pacific Hydro on its New Zealand electricity joint venture, divestment and corporate migration.
- Advised ArborGen LLC, a US Delaware company on acquiring a substantial bio-forestry genetic seedling business from Rubicon Limited and associated parties.
- Acted for Argenta Limited, animal health research and development and toll manufacturing entity, on numerous commercial contracts.
- Advised Vital Foods on its restructuring and subsequent issuing of equity to BioPacific Ventures, L.V. LP and Seeka Kiwifruit Industries Limited.
- Advised a consortium of buyers who acquired the business of Euroglass Systems Limited.
- Advised Trustees Executors Limited on restructuring the subordinated debt of the PRG group.
- Acted for Ngatahi Charitable Trust on its proposal to purchase Carter Holt Harvey East Coast forest assets.
- Advised Intralot S.A. on its electronic monitoring of class 4 gaming machines services contract with the Department of Internal Affairs and structuring and establishing it New Zealand business operations.
- Advised New Zealand Institute of Architects on various construction and architecture agreements.
- Advised British Telecom Plc on satellite, mobility and fixed telecommunication issues.
- Advised Denerau Investments Limited on the Hilton Hotel in Fiji.
- Advised Department of Corrections including drafting tender documentation and construction contracts in respect of five new prisons.